What it is: One of the most well-absorbed forms of chromium, an essential and well-studied mineral which must be obtained from food since it cannot be synthesised by your body.
What it does:Improves your body’s response to insulin and lowers your blood-glucose levels by enhancing sugar metabolism. Additionally, it may also help in decreasing hunger and cravings, thereby allowing for healthier weight management.
What is Chromium Picolinate?
Chromium is an essential mineral which exists in several forms. Chromium Picolinate is one of the most bioavailable forms of Chromium that can be found in minute amounts in foods. Multiple scientific studies are now revealing the potential health benefits of supplementing with Chromium Picolinate, when it comes to reducing the risks of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
Where can it be found in nature?
It is usually found in trace amounts in meat, whole grains, some fruits and vegetables, different spices, brewer's yeast, beer, and wine. However, the Chromium amounts present in these foods vary largely, depending on the agricultural and manufacturing processes involved. Thus, to exploit the potential health benefits that Chromium has in your body, it is a good idea to consider supplements, including our Stabiliser.
What are its primary functions and benefits?
Research in diabetic laboratory animals has shown the clear ability of Chromium Picolinate to regulate healthy blood-sugar levels by increasing the activity of insulin, and lowering the amounts of glucose that are left to circulate in the bloodstream. In fact, Chromium and insulin work cooperatively to prevent damages that are associated with a high blood-glucose level. In particular, Chromium Picolinate can help in preventing diabetes, obesity, heart diseases, strokes, oxidative stress, chronic inflammation and even neuropathy.
Chromium Picolinate supplementation has also shown enhanced performance amongst athletes and bodybuilders, in addition to promoting loss of fats instead of muscles. Furthermore, some forms of depression, typically those characterised by frequent mood changes and disturbed eating and sleeping patterns, may also be helped by the supplementation of Chromium. Recent evidence from the neuroscience field also uncovers the potential benefits of Chromium Picolinate in improving cognitive functioning and memory in adults.
Why do we use Chromium Picolinate in our supplements?
We chose Chromium Picolinate mainly for its assistance in reducing insulin resistance and glucose tolerance - the basis of multiple metabolic diseases, including obesity. Basically, Chromium is an essential mineral that has a crucial role in insulin signalling. As dietary Chromium is typically poorly absorbed, and as your Chromium levels decline with age, supplements like our Stabiliser become fundamental.
Besides, the high absorption rate of Chromium Picolinate may also play a role in maintaining a healthy cholesterol profile by reducing the excess fats in your bloodstream. Plus, it has been shown to simultaneously promote the relaxation of blood vessels and improve blood flow.
We ensured a verified and minimal dosage of Chromium Picolinate in our Stabiliser to prevent plausible interactions with other diabetes medication. Yet, we still recommend you talk to your healthcare provider if you also take diabetes medication.
- Brownley, K. A., Von Holle, A., Hamer, R. M., La Via, M., & Bulik, C. M. (2013). A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) study. Journal of psychosomatic research, 75(1), 36–42.
- John B. Vincent, The Biochemistry of Chromium, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 130, Issue 4, April 2000, Pages 715–718
- Vincent JB. The potential value and toxicity of chromium picolinate as a nutritional supplement, weight loss agent and muscle development agent. Sports Med. 2003;33(3):213-30.
- Suksomboon N, Poolsup N, Yuwanakorn A. Systematic review and meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of chromium supplementation in diabetes. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2014 Jun;39(3):292-306.
- Pei D, Hsieh CH, Hung YJ, Li JC, Lee CH, Kuo SW. The influence of chromium chloride-containing milk to glycemic control of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Metabolism. 2006 Jul;55(7):923-7.